Automated Home Energy Management Expert Meeting
Building America hosted the "Automated Home Energy Management Expert Meeting" on October 1-2, 2009, at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colorado.
This meeting presented highlights of NREL's research on automated home energy management systems, reviewed the Building America program research plan, and assessed the latest market trends in automated home energy management system research.
Day 1 consisted of an open session including DOE and NREL representatives, Building America team members, and key industry stakeholders; Day 2 was a closed session for program managers. The meeting minutes (PDF 45 KB) and presentations are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
- Overview of Building America Research on Home Energy Management (PDF 965 KB)
- Smart Grid Activities of the Sacramento Municipal Utilities District (SMUD) (PDF 958 KB)
- Control System Performance Requirements (PDF 2.25 MB)
- Efficiency Trends in Consumer Electronics (PDF 206 KB)
- Cloud Computing (Web Data Computing, Data Storage) Trends (PDF 2.19 MB)
- Smart Appliance/Home Area Network Trends (PDF 2.2 MB)
- SmartGridCity™ Integration with Home Controls (PDF 226 KB)
- Automated Home/Energy Management (PDF 1.6 MB)
- Automated Monitoring, Control, Diagnostics, Optimization and Soft Repair for Smart Homes (PDF 785 KB)
- Lighting Controls Trends (PDF 265 MB)
- Home Automation Product Development Trends (PDF 3.9 MB)
- NREL Home Energy Management Research (PDF 201 KB)