Market Transformation Project Team
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Beaumont Health System
- CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc.
- CC Frost Properties, Ltd.
- Colliers International
- Community Services Agency & Development Corporation
- Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
- Denver West
- Energy Efficiency Building Hub (EEB Hub)
- First Potomac Realty Trust
- Glenborough, LLC
- Green Parking Council
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Liberty Property Trust
- Living City Block
- Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Global Corporate Services
- PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
- Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Rosemont Realty
- RREEF America LLC
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- Stream Realty Partners, L.P.
- The JBG Companies
- Tishman Speyer Properties
- USAA Real Estate Co.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. General Services Administration
- U.S. Navy CNIC Facilities and Acquisitions
Members of the Market Transformation Project Team gain the ability to share information with a broad network of peers across the building owner and manager community. As a group, members collaborate with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and the wider commercial building marketplace to help identify barriers to energy efficiency and to develop resources for overcoming non-technical barriers to deploying energy efficiency in their building stock, quickly and at scale.
These barriers may include, but are not limited to:
- Split incentives
- Building staff training and improved operations
- Lack of available and transparent building data.
Members also gain access to the Project Team's wider network of partners, including:
- Research organizations/academia
- Financial allies
- Trade Association partners.
- Collaborate with cutting-edge research institutions to develop new energy-efficiency deployment models.
- Pilot models in real-world settings to help commercialize them.
- Develop solutions for scaling commercially viable models across building portfolios at a national level.
- Share results with the wider marketplace through webinars, forums, case studies, and other industry events and adapt results into Web content that can be viewed by all.
In addition, individual team members set goals to:
- Adopt one or more of the solutions developed by the team per year
- Share individual organizational targets and desired outcomes across the team.
Project Team Activity Areas
- Leasing and the Split Incentive: The objective of this Market Transformation Project Team activity is to develop resources for commercial building stakeholders to overcome the "split-incentive" barrier to energy efficiency.
- Financing: The Market Transformation Project Team has hosted two Energy Efficiency Investment Roundtables in 2011. The team is currently evaluating financing opportunities, such as On-Bill Financing.
- Building Re-Tuning: The Market Transformation team is promoting building re-tuning as a low-cost form of retro-commissioning that can be implemented by existing building facility staff to improve the operations of a building, saving energy and money.
- Data Aggregation and Analysis: The federal government has a wide array of programs aimed at facilitating the aggregation and analysis of building performance data. Market Transformation Project Team members collaborate with many of these programs to benchmark member buildings.
Popular Commercial Links
December 4, 2013
November 27, 2013
February 4-6, 2014
February 24-26, 2014