Buildings Performance Database
The Buildings Performance Database (BPD) unlocks the power of building energy performance data. The platform enables users to perform statistical analysis on an anonymous dataset of tens of thousands of commercial and residential buildings from across the country. Users can compare performance trends among similar buildings to identify and prioritize cost-saving energy efficiency improvements and assess the range of likely savings from these improvements.
- The BPD contains actual data on tens of thousands of existing buildings -- not modeled data or anecdotal evidence.
- The BPD enables statistical analysis without revealing information about individual buildings.
- The BPD cleanses and validates data from many sources and translates it into a standard format.
- Peer Group Tool. Allows users to peruse the BPD and create peer groups based on specific building types, locations, sizes, ages, equipment and operational characteristics. Users can compare the energy use of their own building to a peer group of BPD buildings.
- Retrofit Analysis Tool. Allows users to analyze the savings potential of specific energy efficiency measures. Users can compare buildings that utilize one technology against peer buildings that utilize another.
- Coming Soon!
- Data Table Tool. Allows users to generate and export statistical data about peer groups.
- Financial Forecasting Tool. Forecasts cash flows for energy efficiency projects.
- Application Programming Interface (API). Allows external software to conduct analysis of the BPD data.
Enter your email address.
The value of the BPD depends upon the amount and quality of data it contains. Basic building information and monthly energy consumption data can be used to compare similar buildings and identify high and low performers. Richer data, such as equipment information and interval meter data, will enable statistical analysis of potential retrofit measures and other advanced analysis. If you are interested in contributing data, please contact us.