Improving the Energy Efficiency of Commercial Buildings
The Building Technologies Office (BTO) works with the commercial building industry to accelerate the uptake of energy efficiency technologies and techniques in both existing and new commercial buildings. By developing, demonstrating, and deploying cost-effective solutions, BTO strives to reduce energy consumption across the commercial building sector by at least 1,600 TBtu.
Key Tools and Resources
- Use the guides, case studies, and other tools developed by the DOE to take action to save energy in your commercial buildings.
- Learn more about the importance and impact of energy efficiency in commercial buildings.
- Discover how DOE is improving the energy efficiency of new and existing commercial buildings through its commercial building activities.
- Take advantage of tax incentives offered by the federal government for energy efficiency features.
- Evaluate the potential for energy efficiency based on different building characteristics using the Buildings Performance Database's national dataset.
- Collect, store and analyze energy performance information about large portfolios of buildings with the Standard Energy Efficiency Data platform.