Building America Meetings
The Department of Energy's (DOE) Building America program hosts open meetings and webinars for industry partners and stakeholders that provide a forum to exchange information about various aspects of residential building research.
There are no Building America meetings scheduled at this time. Please subscribe to Building America news and updates to receive notification of future meetings.
Past Technical and Stakeholder Meetings
Building America 2013 Technical Update Meeting: April 2013
This meeting showcased world-class building science research for high performance homes in a dynamic new format. Researchers from Building America teams and national laboratories presented on key issues that must be resolved to deliver homes that reduce whole house energy use by 30%-50%. View the presentations.
Building America 2012 Technical Update Meeting: July 2012
This meeting showcased world-class building science research for high performance homes in a dynamic new format. Researchers from Building America teams and national laboratories presented on key issues that must be resolved to deliver homes that reduce whole house energy use by 30%-50%. View the presentations and meeting summary.
Building America Stakeholder Meeting: March 2012
At this event, Industry stakeholders and leading researchers presented on key issues needed to advance residential energy efficiency, including product development, in-field application, and large-scale verification. View the presentations and meeting summary.
Residential Energy Efficiency Research Planning Meeting: October 2011
Representatives from Building America research teams, national laboratories, and DOE gathered to focus on research planning activities for 2013 and 2014. View the meeting summary report.
Residential Energy Efficiency Technical Update Meeting: August 2011
More than 290 building industry professionals attended this event and presented information on the latest improvements in residential buildings technologies and best practices. View the meeting summary report.
Residential Energy Efficiency Stakeholders Meeting: March 2011
Industry stakeholders presented on key issues needed to advance residential energy efficiency, including product development, in-field application, and market delivery strategies. View the meeting summary report.
Building America Research Planning Meeting: November 2010
Representatives from DOE's national laboratories and Building America Research Teams discussed key research priorities. View the meeting summary report.
Residential Buildings Energy Efficiency Meeting: July 2010
Principal investigators and industry stakeholders presented on a variety of topics related to residential building efficiency integration. View the meeting summary report.
View past webinars focused on residential energy efficiency on the webinar archives page.
Building America hosts several expert meetings each year on a variety of building energy efficiency topics, which are presented by research team members. This page provides links to past expert meetings proceedings, including presentations and related documents.
- Recommended Approaches to Humidity Control in High Performance Homes
- Cladding Attachment over Exterior Insulation
- Exploring the Disconnect Between Rated and Field Performance of Water Heating Systems
- Combustion Safety
- Key Innovations for Adding Energy Efficiency to Maintenance Projects
- Retrofit Implementation: A Neighborhood at a Time
- Advanced Envelope Research Update
- Transforming Existing Buildings Through New Media: An Idea Exchange
- Recommendations for Applying Water Heaters in Combination Space and Domestic Water Heating Systems
- Interior Insulation of Masonry Structures
- Achieving the Best Installed Performance from High-Efficiency Residential Gas Furnaces
- Foundation Research Results
- Window Options for New and Existing Homes
- Energy Savings You Can Bank On
- Hydronic Heating in Multifamily Buildings
- Transitioning Traditional HVAC Contractors to Whole House Performance
- Simplified Space Conditioning Systems for Energy Efficient Houses
- Delivering Better, Cheaper, and Faster Retrofits through Stakeholder-Focused Research
- Advanced Home Energy Management
- Diagnostic Measurement and Performance Feedback for Residential Space Conditioning System Equipment
Keep current with upcoming events and news by subscribing to Building America updates.