CALL FOR PAPERS: The Sun Grant Initiative National Conference on Science for Biomass Feedstock Production and Utilization
February 1, 2012
The Sun Grant Initiative is organizing a national conference on the “Science for Biomass Feedstock Production and Utilization.” It will be held October 2–5, 2012, at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside in New Orleans, Louisiana. The conference will highlight recent advances in the science and technology contributing to the deployment of advanced biofuels from agricultural and forest systems.
They are currently seeking proposals for presentations that further the vision of the bioeconomy. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Progress in the development of novel energy crops, including advances in molecular genetics and genomics of herbaceous, woody, and other species
- Development of best management practices for agricultural and forestry biomass feedstock production
- Management systems and practices to effectively integrate biomass production into existing forestry and agriculture activities
- Management systems and practices for agricultural energy crops and short rotation woody crops
- Improved logistics for delivering affordable, high-quality feedstock to the biorefinery
- Development of new pretreatment technologies, improving access to sugars and reducing conversion cost
- Feedstock-process interactions impacting biochemical and thermochemical conversion processes
- New analytical methods for characterizing chemical and physical properties of biomass
- Advances in production and utilization systems integration, innovative model development, and new metrics advancing sustainable development of the industry
- Recent progress on resource assessments, business cases, facility siting, economic analyses, and social implications of an evolving bioeconomy
- Sustainability and environmental outcomes of feedstock production.
Please submit your proposed presentation title and 250-word abstract for review to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2012.
A proceedings paper is expected by August 31, 2012, for all accepted presentation proposals. Selected proceedings papers will be published in a special journal issue. Thank you for your support of the Sun Grant Initiative and for helping make this an important and valuable exchange of scientific information.
Please visit http://sungrant.tennessee.edu/NatConference/ for further meeting details and updates.