Laboratories for the 21st Century Agency Resources
Many helpful resources are available to Federal agencies about Laboratories for the 21st Century (Labs21).
Design Guide for Energy-Efficient Research Laboratories: Guide to assist in identifying and applying advanced energy efficiency features in laboratory environments.
Energy Benchmarking Tool: Web-based tool that allows users to benchmark energy performance in both whole building and system-level metrics.
Laboratory Energy Efficiency Profiler: Web-based tool enabling users to identify energy efficiency opportunities with as little user data input as possible. It works in conjunction with the Labs21 Energy Benchmarking Tool.
Climate Neutral Research Campuses: Website helping research campuses develop clean energy and carbon-reduction strategies.
Introduction to Low-Energy Design: Overview of energy-efficient strategies for designing and equipping laboratories.
Labs21 Energy Analysis: Guidelines that apply energy-efficient strategies to a generic laboratory under four different climate conditions.
Energy-Efficient Laboratory Equipment Wiki: Labs21 site covering numerous laboratory energy topics and resources.
- Laboratory Centralized Demand Controlled Ventilation Systems
- Aerosol Ductwork Sealing in Laboratory Facilities
- Modular Boiler Systems in Laboratory Facilities
- Measured Peak Equipment Loads in Laboratory Facilities
- Retro-Commissioning Laboratories for Energy Efficiency
- Room Temperature Storage of Biological Samples
- System Static Pressure Optimization