Resources on Operations and Maintenance
Advanced Electric Metering in Federal Facilities: Learn how to take full advantage of advanced electric metering systems by taking this FEMP eTraining course.
Many helpful resources about operations and maintenance are available.
Operations and Maintenance Best Practices Guide: Outlines best practices to help Federal agencies implement effective O&M for systems and equipment found at their facilities.
Federal Facilities Council: Website features events, reports, and links to National Academy websites.
Commissioning for Federal Facilities: Comprehensive information on ongoing commissioning processes to resolve operating problems, improve comfort, optimize energy use, and identify retrofits for commercial and institutional buildings and central plant facilities.
Sample Commissioning Scope of Work for Existing Buildings: Document providing a sample statement of work for use as a template when planning the commissioning of existing Federal buildings.
Guidance for Electric Metering in Federal Buildings: Provides Federal energy managers with information and recommendations for meeting Energy Policy Act of 2005 requirements.
Metering Best Practices: A Guide to Achieving Utility Resource Efficiency: Features information about energy and resource metering at Federal facilities, including metering requirements under the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
The Federal Energy Management Program offers these comprehensive training courses:
- Advanced Electric Metering in Federal Facilities
- Commissioning for Existing Federal Buildings
- Managing Water Assessment in Federal Facilities
- Planning an Energy Assessment for Federal Facilities
- Solid-State Lighting: Highlighting Indoor Applications
- Re-Thinking Operations & Maintenance for High Performance Buildings
- Commissioning for Federal Facilities
- Federal Management Institute: Website serves as a tool to help implement the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act.