Technology Deployment List
Technology Ranking Criteria
Technologies featured in the Technology Deployment List were ranked by:
- Federal Impact: Combination of energy savings potential and applicability in the Federal market (50% weighting)
- Cost Effectiveness: Relative cost of the implementation and average expected return typically reported in case studies as simple payback period (30% weighting)
- Probability of Success: Combination of the qualitative characteristics scored separately and averaged to determine probability of success. Criteria include strength of supply chain, knowledge base, implementation difficulty, and customer acceptance (20% weighting).
The Federal Energy Management Program's (FEMP) Technology Deployment List features information about promising new and underutilized energy-saving technologies available for Federal and commercial building sector deployment. Common considerations and barriers are also outlined.
Find new and emerging energy-efficient technologies by category:
- Building Envelope
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Water Heating
- Combined Heat and Power
- Refrigeration, Computer Power Management, and Vending Machine
View the Technology Deployment List spreadsheet.