Manufacturers in diverse industries reap the energy and cost benefits of the energy-efficient processes and materials developed with AMO support.
Manufacturers use the AMO Energy Resource Center to deploy advanced technologies and energy management best practices. Learn how to conform with ISO 50001 or gain recognition as a Better Plant Partner.
- Contributes about 12% of gross domestic product (GDP)
- Directly employs ~12 million people
- Accounts for 60% of U.S. engineering and science jobs
- Supplies about 57% of U.S. exports
- Produces nearly 20% of the world's manufacturing output
Manufacturing is the most diverse end-use sector —in terms of energy services required, sources of energy used, technologies needed, and product output.