Balance of Systems
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) SunShot Initiative accelerates the adoption of solar energy technologies in the marketplace. In support of SunShot Initiative goals, the Solar Office partners with manufacturers, communities, universities, utilities, and other stakeholders to:
These focus areas ensure that solar energy systems continue to become more affordable and accessible for Americans.
DOE issues competitive solicitations to fund a range of projects that target the non-hardware, or soft costs of solar. Awardees are working through the following programs to advance the SunShot mission:
- Solar Energy Evolution and Diffusion Studies
- Rooftop Solar Challenge to Induce Market Transformation
- Solar Instructor Training Network
- Solar Outreach Partnership
- Solar Projects to Reduce Market Barriers and Non-Hardware Balance of System Costs
- SunShot Incubator 6
- SunShot Prize: Race to the Rooftops Competition.