Customer acquisition costs in the solar energy industry include marketing efforts to reach potential customers and salary payments to sales staff. These costs can be reduced by:
- Increasing the availability and accessibility of independent, unbiased information on the costs, benefits, financing mechanisms, and quality vendors of photovoltaic (PV) systems
- Using recent lessons from behavioral economics to move customers closer to a purchase decision
- Providing better training for solar sales representatives.
Below are examples of awardees, funded by SunShot, that are working to reduce customer acquisition costs:
- Clean Energy Experts (Incubator 6)
- Clean Power Finance (Incubator 6)
- concept3D (Incubator 6)
- Energy Sage (Incubator 6)
- Urban Glue (Incubator 6)
These awardees are working to reduce balance of systems costs to make solar affordable for more Americans.