Reducing Photovoltaic Costs
The development of more efficient, affordable photovoltaics (PV) and concentrating solar power (CSP) technologies are crucial to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) SunShot Initiative, and making solar cost-competitive with other sources of energy.
DOE is fueling innovative solar technology solutions with focused project funding and partnerships with national laboratories, universities, and industry.
Below are the projects DOE is funding to fuel innovation and reduce the costs of solar technology.
- Transformational Photovoltaic Science and Technology: Next Generation Photovoltaics II Projects
- SunShot Incubator Projects
- Solar Foundational Program to Advance Cell Efficiency Projects
- Photovoltaic Manufacturing Initiative (PVMI)
- PV Supply Chain and Cross-Cutting Technologies