These resources provide more information about wind energy research within the United States and abroad. Consumer and research-oriented resources and wind energy-oriented associations and educational resources are available here.
Research laboratories in the United States and throughout the world that are involved in wind energy research.
U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratories
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory: National Wind Technology Center
- Sandia National Laboratories: Wind Energy
International Research Laboratories
Federal agencies that are involved in wind power activities.
- Fish and Wildlife Service: Wind Turbine Guidelines Advisory Committee
- Bureau of Land Management: Wind Energy
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement
- Ocean Science Journal
- Federal Aviation Administration: Obstruction Evaluation / Airport Airspace Analysis
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission: Integration of Renewables
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Earth System Research Laboratory
University Wind Energy Research Programs
Universities in the United States and abroad that support wind energy research programs.
- Delft University: Wind Energy Research Institute
- Oregon State University: Energy Resources Research Laboratory
- University of Massachusetts: Renewable Energy Research Laboratory
- University of Newcastle: Wind Energy Group
- West Texas State University: Alternative Energy Institute
Wind Energy Associations and Organizations
Associations or organizations that focus on researching and supporting the growth of wind energy throughout the world.
- American Wind Energy Association
- National Wind Coordinating Collaborative
- Utility Wind Integration Group
- Bats and Wind Energy Cooperative
- American Wind Wildlife Institute
- British Wind Energy Association
- Canadian Wind Energy Association
- Danish Wind Industry Association
- German Wind Energy Institute
- European Wind Energy Association
- International Energy Agency: Wind
- Irish Wind Energy Association
Educational resources include classroom activities and projects for children ranging in age from kindergarten to high school.
- EERE Kids Saving Energy
- EERE K-12 Energy Lesson Plans
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory: Education Programs
- Texas State Energy Conservation Office: Renewable Energy Lesson Plans
- PicoTurbine Educational Kits
Sites that provide information and resources for homeowners who are interested in utilizing wind energy in their homes.